Global / Regional Job Search
Commercial Property Managerin Engineering and Technical
- Develop a strategic property management plan in collaboration with the Director, Operations and Construction and independently execute the plan, adjusting as required to ensure short-term commitments and long-term objectives are met.
- Work in conjunction with Operations to establish the overall direction of property management services for the property portfolio; focusing on long range planning, service benchmarking, strategic vendor relationships, as well as energy management and sustainability.
- Develop and expand knowledge of sponsored rebate initiatives within the network through ongoing review of Ontario Hydro, municipal government, economic development groups and other industry programs to ensure the firm is leveraging these funding initiatives where and when it makes good business sense to do so.
- Establish and manage strategic partnerships to deliver quality products and service offerings which meet or exceed our high service and quality standards.
- Leveraging deep business acumen, negotiate financial and legal terms of all product and service contracts to achieve best value and benefit.
- Develop and maintain excellent leadership team relationships through personal contact, understanding their business, their challenges and how we can help them. Take ownership of a problem until it is fully and satisfactorily resolved.
- Implement effective leading edge policies and procedures for all aspects of property management operations including customer relations, building operations, construction services, contract administration, security/life safety, environmental compliance and strategic procurement purchase and due diligence, all of which meet or exceed key performance indicators.
- Work in conjunction with various groups and partners to provide property management reports and related property information in a professional manner and timely basis.
SECURITY CLEARANCE: N/A
COMPENSATION: Salary, Benefits, Vacation
- Relevant post-secondary College or University education in Architecture, Engineering, or Facility Management. (i.e. diploma, degree, FMA, RPA, CPM) or be able to demonstrate equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 7-10 years of progressive experience with corporate or commercial property management, with a strong focus in leading highly engaged teams dedicated to deliver service excellence.
- In-depth property management knowledge including, but not limited to, building operations, customer service, security and life safety, occupational health and safety, environmental compliance, building code and construction regulations and project management practices.
- Strategic thinker, innovator and self-starter who continually looks for new ways to improve property management services, add value and reduce operating expenses and energy consumption.
- Demonstrated knowledge of current and emerging technology, trends and practices that are critical to the property management discipline, including “green” practices.
- A business savvy and approachable leader who provides direction, motivation and development for all staff.
- Advanced negotiating expertise accompanied by excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to effectively partner and work with a broad range of consultants (architects, engineers, environmental experts, municipal government, construction firms, energy specialists, various trades etc.), tenant and landlords.
- Highly effective organizational skills with an ability to quickly prioritize and adjust style and plans when faced with unexpected situations.
- Advanced working knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook. Proficiency in AutoCAD an asset.