Global / Regional Job Search
Technical Support Engineerin Engineering and Technical
- Responsible for installation, configuration, troubleshooting, and testing for site infrastructure equipment.
- Perform site surveys, asset management, and deployment of infrastructure assets to various site locations.
- Install and configure software on the end-user’s devices using appropriate guidelines and requirements.
- Accurately document all actions taken related to the deployment and support activities.
- Understand and support organization’s policies, procedures, processes, goals, and objectives.
- On-site technical trouble-shooting and customer assistance/problem resolution
- Opening trouble tickets, documenting action steps and the resolution of the problem including follow-up
- Generating reports and returns, update system documentation for customer installations
- Performing system provisioning, and commissioning at Customer site or in the office
- Serving as liaison between customers and Research and Development technical staff by communicating problems and trends in order to assist in correcting errors
- Assist in the development of technical projects
- Identifies current and future customer service requirements by establishing personal rapport with potential and actual customers and other persons in a position to understand service requirements
- Identifies new accounts and services accounts by identifying potential customers; planning and organizing sales call schedule
- Prepares cost estimates consulting with engineers, architects, and other professional and technical personnel
- Determines improvements by analyzing cost-benefits in customer environment, proposing changes in equipment, processes or use of materials or services, to management
- Gains customer acceptance by explaining or demonstrating cost reductions and operations improvements.
- Develops customer's staff by providing technical information and training
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies
- Contributes to sales engineering effectiveness by identifying short-term and long-range issues that must be addressed; providing information and commentary pertinent to deliberations; recommending options and courses of action; implementing directives
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
COMPENSATION: To Be Negotiated
LENGTH: Permanent Position
- Electronic Technician or Technologist Diploma/Telecommunication Technician or equivalent experience
- Excellent knowledge of VoIP and IP Networking and Telephony
- Good computer skills – Windows and Linux based
- Knowledge of all equipment in common use in central office and remote sites, including installation, test and commissioning
- An understanding of industry standard installation practices and policies for equipment and power
- PBX knowledge/experience +++
- Sales Engineering knowledge/experience +++
- Proven ability to work unsupervised
- Good problem solving skills
- Good interpersonal skills when working with customers
- High level of professionalism and integrity